Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Daybook: October 12


Outside my window...
trucks driving on the 401, street lights shining the only light. a peaceful night.

I am thinking...
tomorrow is my dad's birthday. does he know how much I love him?

I am thankful for...
so many blessings I can't name them all.

From the kitchen...
soft-shell tacos for dinner, and a few cakes in the works for the babes that are soon to be born...

I am wearing...
cozy pjs.

I am creating...
royal icing decorations for the long list of cakes I'm hoping to make. also I've got probably 5 baby blankets on the go...

I am going...
to start 2 new classes this week! Looking forward to advanced baking, but I'm not so sure about vegetarian fusion...

I am reading...
Think Like a Chef, by Tom Colicchio

I am hoping...
that I can come up with a fun meal for our (Swedish) guests coming for dinner tomorrow night

I am hearing...
sleepy breathing from the wonderful man next to me who takes care of my when I'm sick

Around the house...
dishes are done, fresh roses are in a vase, bathroom is clean, leftovers are away... the place is almost ready for company tomorrow night.

One of my favorite things...
baking cakes and bread! Hopefully in lab tomorrow I get pulled for one of those jobs!

A few plans for the rest of the week:
reorganizing my tool boxes, writing my essay for class, and helping out at the Y by partnering with students who are learning how to cook!

Here is a picture reflecting what I'm thinking...
Happy Birthday Dad. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Do you mind if I try this some time? Did it come from somewhere else?

    Have fun with your company!

    ReplyDelete