Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Top Ten: Things I Love About December

December...what a wonderful month! I think it's my favourite month of the year.
There are so many things I love about December, but I'll try to narrow them down to the best ten.

10. Snow! I love snow best on 2 days. December 1st (so I have snow for my birthday) and December 24 (so we can have a white Christmas)

9. Christmas decorations! Hubby usually makes me wait until my birthday to decorate (but I snuck our tree up on November 29 this year)

8. Craft Shows! This weekend is an AMAZING show that I've been looking forward to for weeks!

7. Food! According to Family Crafts at About.com, December has national days for such foods as Pie (1), Fritters (2), Cookies (4), Cotton Candy (7), Brownies (8), Cocoa (13), Maple Syrup (17), Oatmeal Muffins (19), Egg Nog (24), Pumpkin Pie (25) and Chocolate (28)... no wonder we pack on the pounds if we have to celebrate each one!

6. Vacation time! Since I've been in school for 83% of my life, December is synonymous with Christmas vacation. This year I've got almost 3 weeks off.

5. Sunlight! The days have been getting darker and darker, and we still have a few weeks where it will be getting dark earlier, but then the days will start getting longer. We rejoice that our God is in control of the sun and the moon and the changing of seasons.

4. Family! We are so blessed to celebrate the holidays with B's mom, grandma, and aunt and uncle in North Bay, and also to celebrate with my cousins, aunts, uncles (and whoever else wants to come) in Bowmanville, and ALSO to celebrate with my immediate family in Cobourg. We're going to have a busy week, but what joy and memories we'll have too.

3. Parents! My parents celebrate their wedding anniversary in December. What a blessing to have both my parents together after all this time. I love you mom and dad.

2. Birthdays! My mom said that we had a cake-a-week in December. My birthday is the 1st, brothers birthdays on the 9th and 15th, sister-in-law on the 16th, Aunts on the 13th and 19th... and my Husband's birthday is on the 4th. What a busy month!

1. Christ's Birth! December is the month that we celebrate the best event anyone could possibly imagine. God loved us all so much that he sent his son to be born to rescue us from sin and death. I don't have words enough to give thanks for the amazing gift that was given to us on that first Christmas morning. No other gift on heaven or on earth can ever compare to the grace that I have through Christ Jesus. Thank you.

~A

No comments:

Post a Comment