Saturday, January 22, 2011

To my FAVOURITE sister....


...well actually you're my only sister, but you're still my favourite.

Happy Birthday.


There are a few things I want to let you know before you head to high school next year.

-You are beautiful. Always remember that. The song called "A More Beautiful You" by Jonny Diaz says it so much better than I can:

Little girl 14, flipping through a magazine,
says she wants to look that way
But her hair isn't straight, her body isn't fake,
and she's always felt overweight

Well, little girl 14, I wish that you could see
that beauty is within your heart
And you were made with such care,
your skin, your body, and your hair
are PERFECT just the way they are!

There could never be a more beautiful you!
Don't buy the lies, disguises and hoops they make you jump through
You were made to fill a purpose that ONLY YOU could do
So there could never be a more beautiful you.


-You can do anything you put your mind to. You say you want to be a missionary or a teacher. I know that you will be wonderful at whatever career you follow. I believe in you.

-You have an amazing infectious smile. You make me laugh like nobody else in the world can.

-I am so impressed with how mature you are in your awareness of the needs of others. You are so empathetic to the pain of others. This is a wonderful quality, and I hope you never lose it.

-You are unique. Be strong and feel safe choosing interests that not everyone around you may share. Know who you are and be confident in your choices.

-Show me your friends, and I'll show you your future. Choose your friends wisely, they will all influence who you become.

-Study hard. Not just to get good grades, but to learn perseverance, diligence, and patience. These attributes will help you to accomplish whatever goals you set for yourself.

-Respect your teachers, your fellow classmates, and most importantly yourself. Set standards for yourself so that you don't give in to peer pressure and have regrets later.

-Above all, trust in God. He will never leave you nor forsake you. He will never give you more than you can handle.

Verses to remember:

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. (Proverbs 16:3)


...Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." (John 8:31-32)


I love what a beautiful, amazing woman you are becoming, and I'm so proud to be your sister.

~A

No comments:

Post a Comment