Friday, March 25, 2011

~Week Twelve~


Yay! We're through the first trimester!
I've got a date for our anatomy ultrasound, but I still have to wait 5 weeks or so.

Pregnancy Highlights this week:

How far along are you?:
12 weeks and 1 day

Size of Baby S:
The baby is the size of a plum this week

Total Weight Gain/Loss:
-1.5 lbs

Maternity/Regular Clothes:
All my tops are regular clothes, and I still fit my normal clothes, but they're getting tight (especially my chef pants for class)

Gender:
I switch all day long whether I want to know or want to keep it a surprise. Either way we won't be finding out for over a month (if we find out at all).

Movement:
Nothing yet

Sleep:
Aside from last night (when I was up all night with a sick little boy), I've been getting lots of sleep, but it never seems like enough, and I'm still tired throughout the day. I've got more energy than I had a few weeks ago.

What I miss:
Cooking and eating chicken without being sick. Also greasy foods like pizza or anything fried...

Cravings:
Salty foods, like cheeses. This week in class we cooked Calamari, and I ate a whole bunch of that. I also enjoyed tzatziki, feta, and olives... (I'm loving Greek foods right now)
I also really like lemons, salads with spinach, and yogurt with granola.

Symptoms:
I sound like a trucker. Pregnant ladies could win burping contests without even trying...
Nausea with a lot of foods (coffee, greasy foods, most meats).
Acid reflux. I had to start taking Tums this week...
Itchy skin. I need my hand lotion!
I'm constantly thirsty.

Best Moment of this Week:
I had a great doctor's appointment, and they said that I was doing great. I didn't get to hear the heartbeat, because they don't have a doppler, but they were happy with everything else.
The clinic at the school is where I've done all my prenatal care so far, but they were going to refer me to a local family clinic, so hopefully I'll have regular care soon!

We're looking for a crib mattress and a new carseat for the baby, because we have pretty much all the other equipment (stroller, playpen with bassinet and change table, crib, toys, diaper bag...). I'm hoping to find some good deals soon. We're starting to stock up with diapers and wipes so that we won't have too many big purchases when the baby comes.

We're not planning on cloth diapering (although I would LOVE to) because we don't have our own washer and dryer, and I don't think I'll be making 3 trips a week to a laundromat when I've got an infant and a 3-year-old.


~A

No comments:

Post a Comment