Wednesday, April 20, 2011

~Sixteen Weeks!~


So I WISH that 16 weeks meant I am exactly 4 months along, but then I would end up being pregnant for 10 months, so I'll just stick with the week count... only 24 more weeks to go!

I'm sorry I haven't been posting weekly updates, I started a couple, but with school and exams monopolizing most of my time, I haven't had much time for this blog...

Pregnancy Highlights this week:

How far along are you?
16 weeks

Size of Baby S:
The baby is the size of an avocado!


Total weight gain:
I haven't checked this week, but last week I was still down .5 lb from when we found out!

Maternity/Regular Clothes:
I can still fit into regular clothes, but my chef pants for school are getting too tight to sit down in with the button done up.
I would try the elastic trick, but I've only got one week left, so I'll just deal with the discomfort.

Gender:
We're not finding out. I want to, but if I find out, Hubby will know within minutes, and he doesn't want to know.

Movement:
There are butterflies in there!
I've felt a few slight movements. I've been really attentive, waiting to feel what I remember, and the first few times, I didn't want to jump to conclusions, but I've felt little flutterings!

Sleep:
I like to sleep on my belly, and with Monkey, I was able to do that until at least the half way mark before it became uncomfortable. It's already been uncomfortable for a few weeks, so I've been sleeping on my side.
I sleep well, with a few strange dreams, but I am woken up quite early with the need to run to the bathroom... I guess even without weight gain, I've already got pressure on my bladder from this little one.

What I miss:
Staying up all day without wanting to take a nap.
I was told that the tiredness would go away, but I guess that running after a 2-year old is tiring me out.
I'm trying to cut down on coffee and tea, because while I don't have a problem with having a few cups (I'm not super strict on what to/what not to eat), I don't want to rely on caffeine to keep my energy up

Cravings:
I'm still craving salty foods. I went out to get dropjes (dutch salted licorice) this week so I could get my fix.
I've been really wanting chicken wings, which are not the best health-wise, but at least I'm eating chicken again!


Symptoms:
I've still got some nausea with a few foods, but for the most part it's gone.
I haven't had much acid reflux, just a bit when I do a lot of bending, or wear really tight waisted pants.
My hands are super dry, and unfortunately I haven't been able to find any of the three bottles of my favourite kind is Aveeno. The lotion is thick, but not greasy, and it doesn't have scents that make my skin break out. I've been using it for years, and it is one of my MUST HAVES for my own personal pregnancy list.

Best Moment of this Week:
When I wake up in the morning, and my baby belly is recognizable as pregnancy, and not just too many treats...
Also, I was finally able to schedule an appointment with the doctor at the clinic who will be following the rest of my pregnancy!

Equipment/Purchases for the Baby:
We've been looking for a carseat, but this week, my mom told us that she wants to buy us one as her present to us. So that's, one less item to worry about!
I've been slowly buying baby clothes for a girl because if we have a boy, we're covered, but we've got next to nothing for a baby girl. So far I've bought some sleepers and onesies for different ages, but I'm hoping to pick up a whole bunch of clothes this summer at yard sales!


~A

No comments:

Post a Comment