Sunday, May 8, 2011

Thankful for my Mother. Today and Every Day.


Happy Mothers Day!

Today was such an amazing day. I am so blessed to have a great husband who listens to my needs and whims and who lovingly gave me the day I really desired...

We started out the day by going out to breakfast at Denny's. I'd never been before, and while I wasn't blown away by the food, we had a great server, and we all received our meals quickly.

After breakfast, we had 90 minutes before our church service started, so we went to the garden centre at NoFrills to check it out.
I was happily surprised at the many different varieties of vegetables and herbs the greenhouse had. I'm just a newbie, so I just spent my time looking and walking and not making up my mind on anything.

We headed off to church, and I was supposed to be in the nursery, but the only child in the nursery was Monkey, so we were all very naughty, and Monkey, Hubby and I headed home after waiting until about 11:10 to make sure no other children were coming...
On the way home, we stopped again at the greenhouse, and I finally picked out 3 tomato plants. I struggled with the ones I planted from seeds. They had sprouted really nicely, and then I was gentle when I transplanted them, and I gave them plenty of water and sun... but they shriveled up like raisins... so instead of trying again from seeds, I decided to "cheat" a little with plants that looked very much alive.
I'll still be watering them and taking care of them, but this way I don't have to start from scratch.

We got home and had a simple lunch of leftover (homemade) pizza and other leftovers. Hubb tried to get Monkey to go down for a nap, and I sorted my coupon binder and set up my grocery list.

While Monkey was pretending to sleep, and Hubby was occupied with the computer, I headed out to the grocery store, knowing that my mom and sister would be at my house within an hour... I figured I had lots of time.

Monkey with my mom in her kitchen

I got back from my trip to an amazing surprise. My mom was doing my dishes, and she helped clean my whole kitchen... I'm so blessed!
On top of the clean kitchen, my sister played with Monkey, and had him help her clean HIS room! She even moved his bed and swept underneath!

What better gift could I have asked for than help cleaning my house, which then gave me the motivation to clean the bathroom and organize the bathroom cupboards... We're really on a roll now! Thanks mom!

After the cleaning, we had some tea, some snacks, and Hubby, Mom and I played a board game.

We had such a great visit, and I'm really excited that next weekend I get to surprise Mom with gifts and cards and concert tickets... There is so much she has done for me, and for our family over the last few years that nothing I give her can truly be enough.

I'm so thankful for a mom:
-who knows when to listen, and when to share her stories
-who calls me just because she feels like it
-who loves me unconditionally
-who taught me about Jesus from before I could talk
-who put me and my siblings before herself
-who showed me by example how to trust God in hard times
-who laughs with me, and cries with me
-who never gave up on me, even when I fought her every day.

There is no love that more clearly has shown me what God's love for me looks like, than the love my mother has given me.

Thank you mom.

Mom reading with Monkey (he's wearing a diaper)

"Who can find a virtuous and capable wife? She is worth more than precious rubies... She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs with no fear of the future. When she speaks, her words are wise, and kindness is the rule when she gives instructions. She watches over all that goes on in her household and does not have to bear the consequences of laziness.
Her children stand and bless her..."
(Proverbs 31: 10, 25-28 NLT)


I love you Mom.

~A

No comments:

Post a Comment