Friday, August 5, 2011

Friday Wanderings

Here are a few articles that I've read and really found useful or entertaining:

Ways to Bless a New Mom (from Jessica of Life As Mom)

Also from Life As Mom, Shopping for Clothing that Works

How to Eat at Home to Save Money (a great article for my family! I love saving money!)

and from Giving Up on Perfect: 10 Tools That Make Social Media Easier




These past few weeks have been rough for the hubby and me. I'm trying to work things out so that I can start sharing my story, but at this point it's a little too tender.

There is a song that has been an amazing help to me called Strong Enough, by Matthew West.
part of the lyrics say:

"I know I'm not strong enough to be
everything that I'm supposed to be
I give up
I'm not strong enough
Hands of mercy won't you cover me
Lord right now I'm asking you to be
Strong enough
Strong enough
for the both of us."

That has been my prayer over and over again. Times when I'm having a lot of trouble, I'll turn on the radio, and this song has been repeated to me.

One Bible verse I read also says the same message.

2 Corinthians 12:9 says
"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

This time is tough, but I believe that by relying on the strength I have in Christ, and not on my own strength, I will get through it.


On a positive note, our baby is now at 31 weeks, and we are so close to meeting him or her. My midwife says the baby is "not allowed" to come out before 37 weeks, so I've still got 6 more weeks (at least) of waiting.
We are no closer to any names, although Monkey's selections of "Cookies" and "Candies" are definitely on our "NEVER!" list...

We have a place for the baby to sleep, and a carseat, we also have diapers and wipes enough to last a few months, so as long as this baby weighs more than 5 pounds and is healthy, we will be set for all the baby's physical needs...
As for being mentally prepared, I don't think anyone is ever 100% ready, and I know that even if this baby is born after 40 weeks, I'll still need to rely on God for strength, so whenever God's time is for this baby to come, I'll trust that it's the RIGHT time...

Until next time,
~A

1 comment:

  1. been thinking of you a lot lately!! Could sense at camping that things weren't right....We are here for you if you need someone! (or a place to just hang out with Monkey!!)
    Aunt Pam

    ReplyDelete