Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What I'm Loving: Nesting Edition

It's been months (not sure how many) since I posted a WILW, but I think I've been missing the weekly dose of focusing on things I'm thankful for instead of focusing on things I'd like to change.


I'm loving so many things, these are just a few:


{one}

I'm loving...

...how cute all these tiny little sleepers and onesies are! I forgot someone could be so small. I've washed all the neutral clothes we have that are any size under 6 months. We're waiting on our dresser from my parents place, and we're picking up a "moses basket" and our car seat this weekend!

{two}

I'm loving...

...the suspense of not knowing if this baby is a boy or girl! It's a little nerve-wracking, and there are a few details that really make me second-guess myself on this choice (like the birth announcement, and the 'coming home' outfit) but I think the suspense makes me excited for labour!


{three}

I'm loving...

...nap time! I'm becoming more and more doubtful that Monkey will keep up with naps in the fall, but as for these past few weeks that I've been home, naps have happened most days. I'm enjoying them as much as I can right now, and I've even had a few myself while Monkey sleeps! It's been great!

{four}

I'm loving...

...completing projects that I've had on the go for months, or even years.

I've finished 2 large crochet blankets, one that I started before Monkey was 6 months, and the other probably 18+ months ago. I've also been able to make progress on Monkey's scrapbook (which I'm sure I'll never touch again once baby #2 shows up).



I'm also really loving being able to start new projects. Today I made new crayons out of melting old broken crayons for just a couple minutes in the oven.

Here they are straight out of the oven:




And here's the final product! I love that the green ones look camouflage. I hope Monkey has lots of fun with these, and they were super easy to make, so I'm sure I'll be doing this again.





{five}

I'm loving...

...that this is the first year that nobody in our house is preparing to go back to school. It's strange for me to see the "Back to School" Sales and to know that I'm not going to need any of that stuff. At the same time, I'm thrilled that I get to spend my whole energy focusing on being a mom this year. The past almost 3 years of being a mom I've also been a full-time student, so the concept of being able to focus on only the mom side without having to think about the school or work side of life is nice for a change. (And I know my time will very quickly be filled up once there are 2 kids, not just one)



{six}

I'm loving...

...supportive family and friends. We're making a trip this weekend to go see some amazing friends, and I'm thrilled to be (a) going on vacation, and (b) seeing great people I've missed for months. (Not to mention, we need to make sure Monkey doesn't forget his betrothed...)




{seven}


I'm loving...


...my husband. Sometimes the love is easier, and sometimes I need to really focus on choosing to love, but He's mine for the rest of my life, and I'm so glad that he's in my life.






Go over to Jamie's to see what she and (many) others are thankful for today!

~A

No comments:

Post a Comment